Tuesday, June 16, 2009

gratitude

In the last 5 years of my life I have learned to be strong. I have learned to use tools to connect me back to my faith, tools to pull me out of a negative mind set and fill me with energy and hope and gratitude.

There are challenges I am facing right now, a bit of uncertainty. Looking at all the blessing in my life I should have no reason to even doubt that what is to come is only but a bigger blessing in my life. These uncertain times, that fill me with anxiety and incessant longing for massive quantities of sugar are really only a way of God telling me to quiet down, take a few deep breaths and pay attention to the blessings and gifts that come to my life everyday. Here are some of the blessings I have been given in the last 24 hours:

1. Meeting a kindred spirit that within 20 minutes of meeting me, looking me in the eyes said: remember the divine in you, you know what is right for you and no one's opinion should stop you. Raise your daughter honoring the divine with in her...remind her she is special.

2. All the information she provided me with.

3. Simone's last day as a second grader. She is so great, her smiles make the world shine.

4. Simone's friends coming over for a play date and listening to them play and interact. They gave each other lessons on their languages: Spanish, Korean and Chinese.

5. Seeing a gorgeous cardinal outside my window.

6. Getting an offer of help from a great girlfriend, having a great conversation and seeing her new home.

7. Eating 2 weight watchers ice cream bars and staying within my point allowance.

8. Getting 2 messages from family members from Peru that I have always wanted to be in touch with and meet.

9. Being provided for abundantly.

10. Being disciplined and making strides in my LEED studies....no more postponing.

11. Feeling much better after being sick for a few days.

12. Going to bed with a smile on my face...

No comments: